Image via Wikipedia
As we move toward the start of the new year, it's time to take a look at the world map to identify the world's top retirement havens for 2011. Depending on the size of your retirement budget, here's where you should be looking to realize the adventure-filled retirement of your dreams.
1. Nicaragua -- specifically Leon, Granada, and San Juan del Sur.
2. Ecuador -- specifically Cuenca. Ecuador is well established as an affordable retirement choice.
3. Colombia -- specifically Medellin.
4. Thailand -- specifically Chiang Mai.
1. Panama -- specifically Las Tablas, Boquete, and Panama City.
2. Uruguay -- specifically Montevideo.
3. Argentina -- specifically Buenos Aires and Mendoza.
4. Belize -- specifically Ambergris Caye and the Cayo.
5. Malaysia -- specifically Kuala Lumpur and Penang.
Luxury on a Budget
1. Mexico -- specifically Puerto Vallarta
2. France -- specifically Paris and Languedoc.