Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Global 2012: Kelly Clarkson Announces Engagement On Twitter

Kelly Clarkson
Kelly Clarkson (Photo credit: brendyn)

America's sweetheart is making it official with her sweetheart of 10 months, Brandon Blackstock. On Saturday afternoon, the American Idol took to Twitter to joyfully announce her plans to tie the knot with Brandon, excitedly posting: "I'M ENGAGED!!!!! I wanted y'all to know!! Happiest night of my life last night! I am so lucky and am with the greatest man ever :)"

Kelly later tweeted, "Everyone has been asking about my engagement ring, so here it is :) It's a yellow canary diamond with diamonds around it and Brandon designed it with Johnathon Arndt! They did an amazing job! I can't wait to make Brandon's ring with Johnathon as well!"

Kelly has been dating Brandon since February 2012, but the two have known each other for years: Brandon is Reba McEntire's stepson and the son of Kelly's manager, Narvel Blackstock, and he is a talent manager himself, overseeing the career of Kelly's good pal Blake Shelton. Their relationship apparently evolved from friendship to romance after the two crossed paths when Kelly performed the national anthem at this year's Super Bowl.

"After six years of having to say there's no one special in my life, finally there is," Kelly told Britain's Daily Mail earlier this year. "I've known [Brandon] for six years, but he was married for most of that time. Then, suddenly, there he was at the Super Bowl, and he was single…"

Kelly has credited Brandon for inspiring her recent weight loss (she once told People, "I have a boyfriend, and if I'm being completely honest, no one likes to be not toned when you are dating someone") but also for "ruining her creativity," joking to to Zap2It that she can't come up with another signature angry breakup anthem a la "Since U Been Gone," "Never Again," or "Stronger" because "I'm trying to write a tough song and I can't; it's coming out all butterflies and rainbows. It's killing me."

Kelly's engagement caps off a year of major milestones for the Original Idol.  In 2012, she turned 30, celebrated the 10th anniversary of her "Idol" victory, and was nominated for three 2013 Grammy Awards (for Record Of The Year, Best Pop Solo Performance, and Best Pop Vocal Album). Congratulations to Kelly for having such a fantastic year, and here's looking forward to a new album of "butterflies and rainbows" songs soon!

http://music.yahoo.com/blogs/reality-rocks/kelly-clarkson-announces-engagement-twitter-224346371.html

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment