Thursday, July 26, 2012

Global 2012: Mila Kunis' airbrushing nightmare

English: Mila Kunis attending the Premiere of ...English: Mila Kunis attending the Premiere of "Max Payne" Hollywood, CA 10/13/2008 (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
Mila Kunis is, by any estimation, beautiful. But when she was in high school, some of her classmates had their doubts.

Chatting with James Franco (her co-star in the upcoming "Oz: The Great and Powerful") in Interview magazine, Kunis, 28, admits to receiving some harsh criticism after she appeared in a spread for Stuff magazine at the age of "16 or 17" when she starred in the popular Fox sitcom "That '70s Show." Like many lad-mag photo takes, Kunis says her body was "enhanced" in post-production.

Kunis says it "was a horrible thing to do, because then you have these boys who assume that you look this way when you don't.... So I showed up to class, you know, out of the shower and in sweatpants, which is the way I look when I show up to work at 6 AM and is not necessarily the way that I look when I walk out of the hair-and-makeup chair at 10 AM. But I think for a 15-, 16-, 17-year-old kid, that's a hard thing to fully understand... It's uncomfortable.”

"In real life," Kunis says, "I didn't wear push-up bras. [My male classmates] were like, 'You don't look like you do in those pictures. This is false advertisement.' And I was like, 'I know, tell me about it.' I don't even think the boys spoke to me.”

Still, she must have been asked out for dates, right? After all, this is Mila Kunis. Surprisingly (shockingly), the answer is no. "I never got asked out at Fairfax [High School in Los Angeles]," she said. The only dance she went to was with a boy from another school whose mom, Kunis claims, made him ask her. Madness!

But don’t feel too bad for Kunis -- her first kiss was with heartthrob Ashton Kutcher (with whom she has recently been romantically linked). "I was like, 'Oh, he's so cute, it's the Calvin Klein model!'" the actress told People in 2001. "Then I was like, 'I have to kiss him?' I was so nervous and uncomfortable. I had the biggest crush on him."


Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment