Friday, November 4, 2011

Global 2011: 11 Things We’d Rather Have Than Sex

iPhone 4 showing the home screen.Image via Wikipedia
A recent study by Women at NBCUniversal raised eyebrows when it reported that the women surveyed placed the Internet, sleep, and showers higher than sex on a list of things they couldn’t live without for a month. (Men, unsurprisingly, chose sex behind the Internet and sleep. At least the sexes can agree on the first two.)

It turns out what we’re passionate about is not always passion. And when push comes to shove, we’d rather go celibate than without some creature comforts. I canvassed my friends to see what they’d rather have than carnal knowledge. From a glass of cold milk to The Real Housewives of New Jersey, some of their answers made me laugh and others made me reconsider my own priorities. (I don’t want, I need Chapstick.)

As a single gal who prefers “relations” within the context of a “relation”-ship, I’ve gone without sex for months and even years. But before you light a candle for me, remember that during those dry spells, I still had access to all of the following human necessities:


  • Junk food.
  • TV.
  • Air-conditioning.
  • Coffee.
  • A good book.
  • Wine.
  • Friends.
  • Blackberry or iPhone.
  • Shopping.
  • Family.
  • Pets.


Facebook? Magazines? Yoga? If you had to go without for a month, what would you choose over sex?


http://www.divinecaroline.com/22079/117197-eleven-things-we-d-rather-sex?ordersrc=yash0829outleti

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment