Sunday, November 25, 2012

Global 2012: Hugh Jackman: Russell Crowe Helped Me Get Wolverine

Cover of "X-Men Origins: Wolverine (Singl...
Cover via Amazon

Hugh Jackman has revealed that his "Les Miserables" co-star, Russell Crowe, was the original choice for the role of "X-Men" character Wolverine.

"Russell has given me advice several times at key moments in my life that helped with my career. I also owe him because two of the biggest roles I've ever had in my life, he turned down - and suggested me for them," the actor told Entertainment Weekly in a new interview with the mag, to promote "Les Miserbales."

"On 'X-Men,' he was Bryan Singer's first choice for Wolverine," Hugh continued. "And he mentioned me also for [Baz Luhrmann's] 'Australia.'"

The two Australian actors play rivals in "Les Miserables" - Hugh as Jean Valjean and Russell as Javert - but in real life, teaming up for the project brought them closer as friends and helped them create better performances.

http://movies.yahoo.com/news/hugh-jackman-russell-crowe-helped-wolverine-turning-down-181817185.html

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment